Zurich, although situated between Alpine peaks, is a place where you can almost feel a Mediterranean atmosphere. All thanks to Lake Zurich and the Limmat. It’s hard to believe, but Zurich is number 1 in Europe when it comes to water baths. Moreover, its tradition goes back 2000 years, when the first bathing place was built by the ancient Romans.
Zurich never sleeps at night and has something for everyone, whether you prefer loud music or dinner in an intimate atmosphere. On the famous Langstrasse you will find hundreds of bars, discos, cafés and restaurants.
Interesting facts about Zurich
- Zurich is not the capital of Switzerland. Since Zurich is the financial capital of Switzerland, many assume that it also holds the highest position in politics.
- the University of Zurich and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology are two of the city’s best-known schools. The first has educated 20 Nobel Prize winners, the second seven.
- Zurich has the most nightclubs per capita in Europe.
- The city of Zurich is the proud owner of the largest church clock in Europe (St. Peter’s Church).
- There are more than 1200 fountains in Zurich from which you can drink water.
- Zurich is considered the city with the highest standard of living in the world.
- The city has the largest number of public baths.
- There are 40 of them in total, 18 of which are outdoors.